söndag 8 maj 2011

Meeting with hyenas on 3500m above sea level on Entoto mountain!

Today we visited Entoto the mountain for the second time. This time we took another way down. Helt ensamma pa en skogsvag pa vag ner fran berget dok det helt plotsligt upp tva djur, vi stannar upp och inser att det ar tva hyenor. Completely alone in a forest when we coming down from the rock, then quite suddenly two animals cross our road, we stop and realize that there are two hyenas.
They stop, we stop, one of them turn against us and look, I take the opportunity to take pictures, and immediately began my instinct working ... How should I defend me and my wife against them? I started looking for a big stick, while one of them still have us in her eyes. I begin thinking, are they they dangerous? Should we cry out to scare, or will it be worse? We choose to stand still and wait, after a while they turn away, and we pass by, while we look backward, left, right, we look at all the calves track to avoid being surprised. When we passed we saw them not again, they were gone.

After a while we met two villagers and we told them what we had seen. They try and calm us that they are not dangerous ... but we didnt not know that then!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar